Scenic Foothills Community Links

Big Wild Life
Code Complaints
Report municipal code violations for Roads & Drainage, Health & Sanitation, Noise, Air Pollution, Fire, Water Pollution, Septic & Wells, Unsafe Buildings, Fences & Signs, Junk Vehicles, Land Use & Zoning, Garbage

Crime - 911 - all emergencies: first responders: police, medical, fire.
  • Non-Emergency Dispatch - 786-8900 When the menu starts, select ‘0’ (zero) to bypass the menu. This will take you to a Call-Taker or a Dispatcher within the APD Dispatch Center.
  • APD Records - 786-8600 - to report anything AFTER THE FACT, and/or to report such things as stolen property when there is no witness or suspect information.
  • Courtview – search any name in the Alaska state court system (except juvenile criminal or OCS cases.
  • Crime Maps and e-mail crime alerts – ADN news story here
  • Crime Reports, online filing. You can report Lost Property, Identity Theft, Fraud, Theft from Vehicle, Harassing Phone Calls and Vandalism on APD’s web site
  • CrimeStoppers - 561-7867
  • Neighborhood Crime Watch 786-8585
  • Sex Offender Registry (find out about ALL persons required to register with the State of Alaska due to their conviction for Sexual Assault, Sex Abuse of a Minor or Kidnap).
  • Trailwatch
Emergency Watch Program - a neighborhood preparedness program

Employment and Training for Teenagers
Fix-it, please!
  • Camper Trash Hotline: call 563-3815 ext. 225 for ARBRA homeless/inebriate trash pickup
  • Graffiti Busters Hotline: 343-GONE (343-4663) E-mail or FAX 343-8048
  • Pothole Busters Hotline: 343-MEND (343-6363)
Gardening, Plants, Weeds, Yard Care
  • Alaska Botanical Garden, just outside our boundaries, the gardens are a wonderful community resource
  • Cooperative Extension Service, Anchorage Extension Office
  • Weeds Warriors and Citizens Against Noxious Weeds Invading the North (CANWIN) — Invasive weeds are defined as "non-native plants, which are introduced to Alaska, and have a negative impact on ecosystems, the economy, or cause harm to human health." Help control the spread of invasive weeds in our parks by becoming a Citizen Weeds Warrior. Events scheduled throughout the summer need volunteers.
Pets—Lost, Found, Strayed, Wanted, Adoptable, etc.
  • Recreation access permits are required for entry to Fort Richardson lands and trails behind our subdivisions. Visit their web site for more information.
  • Trail Watch: Keeping Trails Safe for Family, Friends and Visitors. As a trail user, you have the opportunity to report litter, vandalism, safety hazards, suspicious activities, and crimes.
Recycling, Renewables, Refuse
Volunteer Opportunities
  • Eagle Scout Projects: To earn an Eagle Scout Badge, candidates must complete a project that is considered worthwhile and lasting and they must complete it before turning 18. These young men present and receive approval for ideas to the Boy Scout Council with some projects within our parks and trails. (We have two finished projects in Chugach Foothills Park: the volleyball court and the pansy ring and tree planter plus a row of trees at the back of the park. We have more ideas in mind, looking for the right volunteer.) For Chugach Foothills Park you may also use the Sign Up Form.
  • Friends of Chugach Foothills Park and Pioneer Drive. Volunteers are needed for the watering crew to water the flower barrels in the park and to connect and disconnect a water hose to the soaker hoses in the Pioneer Drive median. Adopt a barrel or choose a week to monitor the median. Click here to view the Watering Calendar. Tell us what you’d like to do on the sign up form.
  • Volunteen—for youths 12–16 who want to give back to their community. The teens gain a broad range of work experience including gardening, painting, park maintenance and special projects. Registration begins in May.
  • Volunteer Opportunities with Anchorage Parks
Wildfire MitigationInformation on brush fires, burn permits, community fire planning, firewise landscaping, and more.
Zoning Enforcement—343-4141